List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KSniffer
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2004-11-06 15:33:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Gianni,

Am Samstag, 6. November 2004 14:01, schrieb Giovanni Venturi:
> Alle 10:36, sabato 6 novembre 2004, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau ha scritto:
> > Am Samstag, 6. November 2004 00:21, schrieben Sie:
> > [ksniffer]
> [khexedit widget plugin]
> > http://api.kde.org/3.3-api/interfaces/html/namespaceKHE.html#a1
> > So far the only official user is KPilot (for the general database viewer)
> > but it should be pretty stable. Its interfaces are still limited but I am
> > working to add some more in time for KDE 3.4 (once I get qt-copy compiled
> > again :/ ).
> >
> > So please tell me what you would need (like a search interface etc.).
> > Anybody else is also welcome to tell me their possible needings.
>
> Well I don't understand. I never used KPilot. I haven't a mobile device
> that I can use KPilot. Send me some screenshot to explain me better.

You don't need a mobile device do have KPilot working. Simply launch it,
choose "General database viewer" (second-lowest symbol on the left), click on
the "Add..." button, then inside one of the columns of the hexedit widget.
You need to turn to insert mode (using the insert key) to add something. So
far for the user experience.

The developer experience is that you can access different functionality of the
plugin via different interfaces (see the api-doc link above). Until now only
four interfaces are offered which provide at most the basic features to
control the appearance. Something I want to change (compare this to the
interfaces available for the kate plugin,
http://api.kde.org/3.3-api/interfaces/html/namespaceKTextEditor.html).

Friedrich