List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ignore_me??
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-01 14:43:39

On Sunday 31 October 2004 07:01 pm, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Allen Winter wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I want to put a directory  for new code I'm working on in
> > kdepim/newcode. The code doesn't compile yet.
> >
> > What is the trick for telling make -f Makefile.cvs to leave
> > kdepim/newcode alone? I don't want newcode to be listed in the subdirs
> > file either.
> >
> > Was there a ignore_me file where I can put a newcode entry?
>
> Add to Makefile.am's DO_NOT_COMPILE variable.
>
> (Note the "add" part, even if the variable is not set in
> kdepim/Makefile.am)
Hmmm... I tried putting the DO_NOT_COMPILE line in kdepim/Makefile.am
and kdepim/Makefile.am.in and neither worked for me.  However, I can
export DO_NOT_COMPILE before make -f Makefile.cvs and that works.

I found David Faure's "Makefile.am Howto" \
<http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/makefile_am_howto.html> and he says \
that DO_NOT_COMPILE needs to be set in configure.in.in.   But I didn't try that since \
I'm happy with the export thing.

Regards,
Allen