List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE tests report (now all of KDE)
From:       "Gary L. Greene Jr." <greeneg () arklinux ! org>
Date:       2004-10-31 7:27:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 31 October 2004 01:44 am, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 31 October 2004 1:41 am, Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:

[snip]

> > Thanks :) This makes it a LOT easier to find the stuff I need to look at.
> >
> > On an a side note, can folks please send me the ddc information for their
> > monitors. I've noted that the definitions list in kdenonbeta/kxconfig is
> > out of date (majorly). Since I'm a poor college student, I'm using a
> > hand-me-down Sampo AlphaScan. Getting the proper info for many of the
> > models out there is kinda cost prohibitive.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Including how do we obtain the dcc info might get more responses.
>
> -Benjamin Meyer

Heh, yeah.... sorry bout that...

Most modern monitors export this information when probed by the X server. To
retrieve the infornation I need, run the following command and then report
the information in the provided format.

example run:
[root@localhost ~]# cat /var/log/X*.0.log | grep Monitor
(**) |   |-->Monitor "Generic Monitor"
 Monitor   -- CRT
 Monitor   -- NONE
(II) RADEON(0): Generic Monitor: Using hsync range of 30.00-70.00 kHz
(II) RADEON(0): Generic Monitor: Using vrefresh range of 50.00-120.00 Hz

example report

Manufacture=Sampo
Model=AlphaScan 712
Type=CRT
SizeInInches=17
HSync=30.00-70.00
VRefresh=50.00-120.00

While this is not nearly as complete as it could be, This is about all we can
safely rely on, since many manufactures don't do complete ddc reporting.
Thanks for the info in advance.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel

Developer for the Ark Linux Project
 check out http://www.arklinux.org/ for more info.
 Also http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/~greeneg/
EMAIL : greeneg@arklinux.com

for more information.
Consider using a free MS-Office replacement for most platforms,
http://www.openoffice.org/