List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: running application from $kdedir with multiple kde installs
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-27 19:27:30

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 21:20, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> ביום רביעי, 27 באוקטובר 2004, 19:40, נכתב על ידי Paulo Moura Guedes:
> > My files:
> >
> > /etc/profile:
> >
> > KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde/bin:/usr/local/kde:/usr
> > KDEHOME=/home/mojo/.kde
> > PATH=$QTDIR/bin:/usr/local/kde/bin:$PATH
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:/usr/local/kde/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> >
> > export KDEDIRS PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH KDEHOME
> >
> > The same on .bash_profile.
> >
> > Note on that '/usr/local/kde/bin' in KDEDIRS. It doesn't work without that,
> > though I installed KDE on /usr/local/kde. I'm using FC2.
> wait...
> i thought that KDEDIRS should be set to /usr/local/kde/...

Yeah a bin directory in KDEDIRS makes no sense.

You said:
> I made a script which starts the new system from GDM, after it sets the
> corr3ect environment variables. KDE loads.
Well, how do you know it's correct? IMHO the problem is those scripts.
It's not really difficult to get this right. Set the vars, then start kde.

E.g. on Mandrake I created /etc/X11/wmsession.d/1kdedevel which says
under SCRIPT:
source /mnt/devel/kde/kdedir/setup ; exec /mnt/devel/kde/kdedir/bin/startkde
where the former sets all the env vars.

Is the problem with kdepim only? Did you compile it with --prefix=/usr/local/kde ?