List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: running application from $kdedir with multiple kde installs
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2004-10-27 17:40:38

> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 18:23, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > short version of this sory from kde-core-devel:
> >
> > I have a self compiled version of kde, and one from my distro. the one
> > from my distro is found in /usr/bin, and my own in /usr/local/kde33/bin.
> >
> > I made a script which starts the new system from GDM, after it sets the
> > corr3ect environment variables. KDE loads.
> > When I run applications from konsole, I get the ones from my self
> > compiled KDE, but when I run them from kdesktop, it seems that the ones
> > in /usr/bin are loaded, some do not load at all. (kmail, korganizer).
> >
> > I followed some instructions, and got no where.
>
> It seems that your $PATH in konsole is diferent for the you on the system,
> perhaps because you define PATH in your .bash_profile or something like
> that. Try to add the correct PATH also in /etc/profile.
>
> Hope it helps.

My files:

/etc/profile:

KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde/bin:/usr/local/kde:/usr
KDEHOME=/home/mojo/.kde
PATH=$QTDIR/bin:/usr/local/kde/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:/usr/local/kde/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export KDEDIRS PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH KDEHOME

The same on .bash_profile.

Note on that '/usr/local/kde/bin' in KDEDIRS. It doesn't work without that,
though I installed KDE on /usr/local/kde. I'm using FC2.

--
Paulo Moura Guedes