On Wednesday 27 October 2004 03:03, Michael Pyne wrote: > Well *I* think kio-locate kicks mucho ass... but I agree with coolo that > it wouldn't really make a good fit for a default KDE install, since it's > apparently unlikely that a system is going to end up with locate (or > slocate) and a cron job to run updatedb. I'd also consider a kio-locate really useful. What's the problem with systems not having locate installed? Either the configure script could check if locate is available and otherwise exclude kio-locate from compilation, or the kioslave should give an error message when it can't find locate. KDE already has lots of kioslaves which require other applications/libraries/hardware to work: smb, ldap, mac, vnc, ... I did not look at the given link, but I suppose that kio-locate has a rather small footprint, so it won't dramatically increase the package size. Regards, Bernd >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<