List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with Konqeror after recent update from CVS HEAD
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-10-27 15:08:11

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 08:47 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 October 2004 20:43, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 October 2004 13:29, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > > 5. I then open up my home directory using the method descibed in step 2
> > > above, the underlying command still being "kfmclient openProfile
> > > filemanagement"  I am greeted with the unfortunate sight that the
> > > hidden directories and files are still visible.  But it gets worse:
> > > when I try to go through the process above again, just to see if I did
> > > something stupid, I am greeted with the unfortunate revelation that
> > > instead of Eleven possible choices on the "View" menu, there are only
> > > Five.  I will give links to screen shots later in this message that
> > > will show you before and after view of the "View Menu"  The biggest
> > > problem is that one of the items that has dissapeared from the "View"
> > > menu is "Show Hidden Files"  So if I want to use "kfmclient openProfile
> > > filemanagement"  without hidden directories and files visible, I need
> > > to remove my Konqueror related config files, and be sure to never save
> > > any "View Profiles"
> > >
> > > Here are screen shots of the Desired and the Undesired "View" menu as
> > > referred to above:
> > > http://www.faith4miracle.org/ViewMenu-Desired.jpg
> > > http://www.faith4miracle.org/ViewMenu-Undesired.jpg
>
> Your problem is that the view isn't active (note the green light in the
> statusbar, when it works, and how it's gray when it doesn't).
> Clicking on the view (or its statusbar) should "fix" that.
> Now the question is why the view isn't made active - you said this came
> from a modified profile?

Hello, David
Yes, the menu's with "missing" entries only came about when I had loaded a
previously saved (i.e.: saved by me because it was modified by me) profile.
The menu's never lost entires Until I shut down Konqueror and restarted it.
Unfortunately, I can't duplicate this behaviour anymore.  I moved my old
~/.kde back to it's original location, and the problem was fixed.  This is
Really wierd, since I moved it to begin with because of this problem.  Go
figure.....

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick

--
 10:04:17 up 14 days, 19:34, 28 users,  load average: 1.12, 0.61, 0.24