On Tuesday 26 October 2004 10:21 am, Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet wrote: > I try gentoo on my ibook. Damed !, need near 2 days for compiling kde > environement, so when I update a month later, 3 days for the entire > system. > I thinks it's not a good distribution for users, newbies or not I wish people would find something different to complain about with Gentoo, it's not like you can't *use* your system while it's compiling. People have no problems with Folding@Home or Seti@Home, but turn on a background compile and OH MY GOD HORROR. Pretty much the only time a Gentoo install is useless during compilation would be during the initial setup, and when recompiling the X Server, at least in my experience. Regards, - Michael Pyne >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<