List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio-locate
From:       Christoph Wiesen <chris () deadhand ! com>
Date:       2004-10-26 19:49:03

Just to add my 0.02€
I think this is a natural fir for the next KDE release. While kio-slaves are
not very well known for new users, Konqueror is the natural place to search
for files for many users - and while the find files dialog is what you will
need for advanced searched the locate kio-slave seems to be the perfect
solution for a quick filename based search... knowing that this is available
on _any_ KDE system will be a good-thing imo - for admins and users alike.