List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: <patch> Support for large history in Klipper
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2004-10-25 11:25:44

On Monday 25 of October 2004 04:51, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 02:42, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> > Made klipper support large clipboard histories; and quick
> > search-while-you-type in the same history. Sort of goes together :)
>
> have you sent these patches to the maintainer (Andrew Stanley-Jones
> asj@cban.com)?

 The current official Klipper maintainer is Carsten Pfeiffer, "official"
because he unfortunately doesn't seem to have much time for it these days.
Given the size of the patch, if you'd be willing to work more on Klipper and
take over, I don't think there'd be any serious objections ;).

 The patch seems to have some glitches, like the lineedit staying visible
after next Ctrl+Alt+V, or two keypresses of the down key needed to select the
first item. I personally also think history of more than 100 items is insane,
but maybe I'm just too unimaginative :).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer