List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Missing" module for configuring Desktop Backgrounds
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-10-24 21:13:45

On Sunday 24 October 2004 07:55 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 23 October 2004 09:45, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > The name of the one I was looking for I Think, is Backgrounds, but I know
> > it has something to do with configuring desktop backgrounds.  That one,
> > as far as I could tell, is not there anymore.  I then proceeded to check
> > "kcontrol" under "Appearances & Themes"  The module I was looking for,
> > which I am even more certain is named "Backgrounds" is not there either.
>
> it's still there in CVS, there's obviously something awry with your
> installation.

Hello
1. What KDE module is the "Backgrounds" configuration module located in?  I
assumed that it was in "kdebase"  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  What is
the exact directory that it is in, and what is the name of the executable
itself.

I got completely new downloads of all of the modules that I use to compile KDE
from CVS HEAD.  I compiled and installed arts, kdelibs and kdebase so far,
with the result being I still don't have any of the former (as recently as a
few days ago) modules for configuring desktop backgrounds.
Since I have virtually unlimited storage space, I'm going to export to a new
path and compile a completely fresh installation of KDE.  Please let me know
where the Backgrounds module is Supposed To Be.  Maybe then I can figure out
what I have done wrong (if anything)

Steven P. Ulrick