--- "Aaron J. Seigo" wrote: > some general notes: > > the patches tend to change a LOT of whitespacing. this is generally > very > frowned upon since it's usually formatted to the taste of the > developer who > maintains it (though not always) and, more importantly, it renders > `cvs log` > and `cvs ann` nearly useless. > > your patches are also very large and combine several different > changes in > each. it's much, much nicer when the patches are separated out so > that each > diff does _one_ thing. correct. i will try to fix this. > on to the patches themselves =) > > the first 4 items is something the maintainer of plastik, along with > the other > kde artsts, should have a say in. the maintainer of plastik is Sandro > Giessl > , and the artists lurk on > kde-artists@kde.org > > > 1) the patch for plastik is not a fix. it only change the way > plastik > > draw a listview branch to a ligther line than a dotted line. (this > is > > the simplest one) > > 2) rounded selection in iconview. all iconview items selection are > > rounded. > > 3) rubberband. as you can see the rubberband is semi-transparent. > > (there is a option to change this to default one) > > does this depend on the Qt patch? if so, i don't know if the patch > can go in, > but the artists would probably be able to say... yes, some of them depends on qt patch. i will try to send the patches to trolltech. > KFileIVIDesktop::paintFocus( QPainter *p, const QColorGroup &cg ) > seems > completely comments out. perhaps it should just be removed? i just was testing, and forgot to remove the function. i will do this the next release. > > 4) Modified dialogs when in iconlist mode to highlight item on > mouse over (mozilla-firefox). > > the next two patches belong on kfm-devel@kde.org, which is where > konqi devel > is discussed (though it seems David is reading this thread here as > well). > > > 5) Added a new konqueror sidebar look, using QToolBox. > > toolboxes suck when it comes to usability (not that our current > sidebar thing > is exactly great) > > personally, i'm not thrilled to see this as Yet Another Option ... > > it would be much better to do some actual testing in both modes, pick > the one > that is best, improve as necessary, and go with it. i agree, but i still prefer the current look (with QToolBox) than the older one. I believe that some changes must be done to reach a good usability. 1) I believe are that the styles should draw a more beautiful QToolBox, i will try to do this with plastik (but i'm not so good in doing this). 2) It could be a option to hide the toolbox buttons (this cannot be done with the current QToolBox, i can't not event know when someone click in a QToolBox button). i could do another class based on QToolBox, but i don't know if this is the best solution. > > 6) Now sidebar is saved per profile. (this is the most usefull for > me, > > you can have different profiles for example for browser and > > filemanagement) > > i think #6 is a very good improvement, but it will require a > kconf_update > script since losing your sidebar config, at least for the two most > common > profiles of file management and web browsing, isn't an option. i will take a look at kconf_update, if i have some time. I didn't even know what this program was used to do. :( > i'd also echo Allen Winter: if you would like to continue working on > this sort > of stuff (which we do need, to be sure!) then you may want to > consider > applying for a CVS account of your own.. they are pretty easy to get > =) i will try to create a CVS account. cheers Andrunko _______________________________________________________ Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<