List:       kde-devel
Subject:    problem installing a part from kdevelop
From:       David Vestal <david_vestal () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2004-10-21 18:31:17

This is my first time writing an app with kparts. After I run "Install (as
root user)" in KDevelop, I try to run the program. It says that it can't find
my part. Just to try to debug it, I altered it to just try to find the part
by name and it still says that it can't find it.

The part .la, .so, .desktop and .rc files can are all installed in /opt/kde3
like the rest of KDE. Are they not installed correctly, or what do I need to
do?

kdeversion: 3.3.0

David

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for. ;)