List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Howto know the current konqueror profile?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-19 20:07:55

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 21:57, Andre Moreira Magalhaes wrote:
> I would like to change the current konqueror sidebar to write
> preferences per profile, but didn't find a way to get the current
> profile.
> I would like to know if that is a way to get the current profile?

The current profile is stored in KonqViewManager, and accessible via
currentProfile() and currentProfileText(). However the sidebar doesn't
have access to KonqViewManager. It's just a KParts part...

I guess you could set the profile name as a Q_PROPERTY of KonqMainWindow
(of type QString), and access it from the sidebar using topLevelWidget()->property("...").

If the sidebar needs to be notified when the current profile name changes,
then it's a bit more tricky, this would need a custom event I guess
(not a dcop signal, since it would then be difficult to know which mainwindow
it's about). To define a new custom event, see libkonq/konq_events.* and the
code in KonqMainWindow which sends events to the views.