List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Execution replay for Qt/KDE applications
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-18 12:05:46

On Monday 18 October 2004 00:03, Oliver Oppitz wrote:
> Without having evaluted KDExecutor I assume, that their replay process does not produce \
> identical execution patterns like during the recording phase.
Wrong, it does reproduce identical execution patterns - that's the whole point.

> And they do not need that because they want replay recorded patterns on changing versions of \
> the program to do regression testing.
I'm not sure what distinction you make there.

> What I have in mind is to create a replay mechanism that focuses on a replay that is \
> identical to the recording phase  and therefore is great for debugging (in particular for \
> bugs that are timing dependent as outlined in an earlier posting).
I use KDExecutor for debugging very often.

One can either "replay at recording speed" (with the same delays), or "replay at full speed",
which is more useful for debugging since the replay is very fast.