List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Execution replay for Qt/KDE applications
From:       "Oliver Oppitz" <o.oppitz () web ! de>
Date:       2004-10-17 22:03:02

> Em Qua 13 Out 2004 20:10, Oliver Oppitz escreveu:
> > I am currently investigating the possibility to use execution replay \
> > for    Qt based applications.
>
> KDExecutor?

This certainly related but its focus is on test automation i.e. recording \
user input and adding some probes to detect if the system is in a valid \
state. Then you replay the system with the recorded input and get an \
automatic evaluation if the system behaves correctly.

Without having evaluted KDExecutor I assume, that their replay process does \
not produce identical execution patterns like during the recording phase. \
And they do not need that because they want replay recorded patterns on \
changing versions of the program to do regression testing.

What I have in mind is to create a replay mechanism that focuses on a \
replay that is identical to the recording phase and therefore is great for \
debugging (in particular for bugs that are timing dependent as outlined in \
an earlier posting). And AFAIK KDExecutor is not open source, is it?

Cheers, Oliver