List:       kde-devel
Subject:    events when reparenting a widget
From:       Stefan Kombrink <katakombi () web ! de>
Date:       2004-10-06 6:59:13

Hi!

  I use a QFrame in a QDesigner created UI as a placeholder for my customized
QFrame Widget.
At running time I replace the placeholder with my QFrame by using "reparent".

First question: This is not very elegant, is it?
But I wanted to represent the UI file the actual look of the widget as closely
as possible. And the reparented child inherits the size and position of the
placeholder widget, that's the way I'd like to do it.
Do I have an elegant option other than just adding a brand new child to the
widget?

Second question: I reimplemented "mouseMoveEvent" and "paintEvent", but it
seems the widget only receives paint events. Might that be a result of the
reparenting?

well, that's it, if you can give me a hint I'm really glad >8^)

 thanks,
    Stefan K.