On Wednesday 29 September 2004 20:07, David Jarvie wrote: > A user has installed KAlarm from a standalone package into /usr/local/kde > (KDE being installed into /opt). When he runs it, the kalarmui.rc file > in /usr/local/kde/share/apps/kalarm is not found by KAlarm. He has > confirmed that the file exists and has the correct contents. When I try it > out on my system after installing it into /usr/local/kde (and after > removing kalarmui.rc from the normal KDE directories, of course), the file > is found correctly, without changing anything such as KDEDIR or KDEDIRS > environment variables. Maybe your distribution sets KDEDIRS to include /usr/local/kde and the one your user uses doesn't? Cheers, Kevin -- Kevin Krammer Qt/KDE Developer, Debian User www.mrunix.de - German Unix/Linux programming forum www.qtforum.org - Qt programming forum >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<