List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: what's up with unsermake
From:       willem boschman <w.boschman () chello ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-29 16:14:26

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 15:41, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Tuesday 28 September 2004 09:59 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> > I don't use it for the same reason as David, so it's possible it got some
> > bugs in there. I will check that.
>
> Just for reference: I'm mapping relative srcdirs to absolute ones now. So
> keep on using relative paths for testing unsermake, but don't expect ../
> in the output

Yes I noticed, is this the final solution or just temporary?

Also I did notice some other stuff, this is from kdepim/wizards:

--> # Makefile.in generated by unsermake
--> unsermake -j3 compile
wizards/Makefile.am: no rule to create
target: ./kresources/groupwise/kcal_groupwiseprefs.h(./wizards/groupwisewizard.lo)
--> unsermake
wizards/Makefile.am: no rule to create
target: ./kresources/groupwise/kcal_groupwiseprefs.h(./wizards/groupwisewizard.lo)
--> Wed Sep 29 17:40:39 CEST 2004 - make finished
--> make install
/usr/kde/unsermake/unsermake install
wizards/Makefile.am: no rule to create
target: ./kresources/groupwise/kcal_groupwiseprefs.h(./wizards/groupwisewizard.lo)

The errors are correct, the makefile hasn't caught up with changes in the
kresources directory. The problem is that unsermake doesn't return an error
code here. This seems to happen only when there are problems with the
Makefile, compilation errors do exit with an error.

And this is from kdenonbeta:

Good - your configure finished. Start make now

--> Wed Sep 29 17:56:44 CEST 2004 - configure done
--> # Makefile.in generated by unsermake
--> unsermake -j3 compile
ERROR:Makefile.am: "$(shell" appears to be a variable, but is none. Assertion
hit!

The problem here is the following line from kdenonbeta/Makefile.am.in

$(top_srcdir)/configure.in: $(top_srcdir)/configure.files $(shell test -f
$(top_srcdir)/configure.files && cat $(top_srcdir)/configure.files)

Anyway thanks for the quick responses because I like compiling with usermake a
lot better then with automake and I hope these errors are some use to you.

-willem