List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: find the path for default config
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-29 11:11:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 23:10, Manuel Pérez López wrote:
> El Martes, 28 de Septiembre de 2004 22:16, Anatoli Gorchetchnikov escribió:
> > try KStandardDirs::resourceDirs()
> > IIRC in the returned list the global dirs go first, then local...
> > BTW, I think ther should be a better way, I just don't know it...
>
> Yes, you are right. The solution with KStandardDirs::resourceDirs() is not
> very 'pretty': too much code for a very simple question

Well, the question is wrong. There is no single "default" file, you can have
multiple default files and combined they form the "default settings".

Not sure what you want to do, but you can use
KConfigBase::setReadDefaults(true) to access the default settings for a given
KConfig object.

Cheers,
Waldo
--