List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Another "What's up with Unsermake" thread :)
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2004-09-28 15:06:07

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 09:46 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 September 2004 16:42, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > Hello, Everyone :)
> > I just read the entirety of the recent "What's up with Unsermake" thread
> > and I don't think that I saw my problem mentioned there.  I just removed
> > "unsermake" from kdenonbeta and then proceeded to re-checkout the module.
> > When I got done, and attempted to start updating KDE from CVS HEAD, I had
> > the unfortunate revelation that Unsermake was not being used.
> > The exact location of the directory (including "unsermake" itself) is as
> > followis:
> > /home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdenonbeta/unsermake/unsermake
> >
> > In /home/steve/.bashrc I have the following line:
> > export UNSERMAKE=/home/steve/CVS/KDE-CVS/kdenonbeta/unsermake/unsermake
>
> Suggestion: read kdenonbeta/unsermake/README

Hello, David :)
I read "kdenonbeta/unsermake/README" as you directed, and I found nothing that
informed me about any recent changes that would affect Unsermake's usability.
If I missed something, I do apologize.  I did make an honest attempt to read
the README, though.
The only thing about my system that the README appeared to contradict is that
I am running Fedora Core 2's gcc RPM, which is version 3.3.3-7.  But even
that was under the heading "Precompiled Header support:", so I don't have a
clue what that would have to do with me.  But I will attempt to compile and
install the latest stable version of gcc.
Thanks for your help so far, and thanks in advance for any future help that
you may be able to give me.
I guess my big question is, what has changed in the last few days that would
cause this complete turnaround in my ability to use Unsermake.....

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick