List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: what's up with unsermake
From:       willem boschman <wiz () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-27 15:32:48

On Monday 27 September 2004 17:05, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 27 September 2004 16:56, willem boschman wrote:

> > > Had the same problems, bugged coolo. Things work better now.
> > > The above symlink trick is not necessary anymore, detect_autoconf.sh
> > > was fixed. Can you try again (in 2 hours if using anoncvs)? Things
> > > start to work here.
> > >
> > > BTW "make compile" is now "unsermake compile", etc.
> > > (Only some targets are forwarded from make to unsermake)
> >
> > usermake detection..  works
> > unsermake -j3 compile.. works
> >
> > compiling with srcdir!=builddir only works if i use an absolute path:
> >
> > /2usr/src/kde/kde-040802/arts/configure --prefix=/usr/kde works
> > ../../arts/configure --prefix=/usr/kde      doesn't work
>
> I always use an absolute path anyway, otherwise "click on compile error"
> doesn't work in emacs (iirc)

well i like it because the output is shorter and its visualy clearer to me
(everything with the dots in front is in the srcrdir).

> > after configuration I get this when starting make:
> >
> > --> unsermake -j3 compile
> > No such target ../arts/subdirs
> > --> unsermake
> > No such target ../arts/subdirs
> > Makefile.am: no rule to create
> > target: ../arts/subdirs(../../arts/configure.in)
>
> Coolo: forgot to port arts? :)

No its all modules, whats missing is 2 dots and a slash. There is a
file ../../arts/subdirs.

fyi:
buildir=/2usr/src/kde/kde-040802/BUILD/arts
srcdir=/2usr/src/kde/kde-040802/arts