List:       kde-devel
Subject:    A minimal KDE installation.
From:       jalal <the_jalal () fastmail ! fm>
Date:       2004-09-26 15:44:19

I've been trying to create a minimalistic, basic KDE installation, using
the latest from CVS and I'm having some difficulty.
I've created a new user for this, with their own environment pointing to
the needed cvs installation installation and libraries.
I've modified ~/.xinitrc to point to the new startkde script.

I've compiled and installed qt-copy, arts, kdelibs and kdebase (and
kdesupport) without problem, but when I start up KDE the following parts
crash:
(KPersonalizer first time).
KCMInit
KTip
Kicker

and when I exit from KDE
KSmServer

Are there any other packages that need to be installed?

(Using SuSE8.2, Linux 2.6.7, KDE from HEAD)

cheers
jalal

--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E  A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E