List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: MDI-Forms
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-09-25 13:59:00

On Saturday 25 September 2004 15:03, RKirsch812@aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as a newbie in Programming C++ applications with Qt and KDE I have the
> following problem:
>
> I wanted, that my appliation shows my Windows called "frmAnrufliste"
> and "frmSuche" in an MDI-Window "KDEAnrufliste". After designing
> the Dialogs "frmAnrufliste" and "frmSuche" with the Qt-Designer I wrote
> the following piece of Code:

[snipped code]

> Although the above piece of code works like I want, I would like to know,
> why I have to use the "reparent"-method. In the KDE-Documentation
> is mentioned, that you normally should not use the "reparent"-method.
> But if I leave it out, it does not work.

If you really used QDialog as the base class for your widgets then this is
necessary because the parent to a dialog has a different meaning.
For a normal widget it is the widget it will be embedded in, for a dialog it
is the window which is below the dialog.

Assuming that you did use QDialog as the base class for your sub windows,
change that to QWidget (edit the .ui files)

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>