List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [RE-SENT] Kicker becoming unresponsive
From:       "Gary L. Greene, Jr" <greeneg () arklinux ! org>
Date:       2004-09-21 22:08:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 04:54 pm, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 September 2004 04:58, Jan de Visser wrote:
> > On September 20, 2004 09:56 pm, Michael Pyne wrote:
> > > That didn't show up right either, I hope there isn't a bug in
> > > KMail.
> >
> > (Copying kmail-devel and attaching Gary's original messages)
> >
> > There appears to be a problem with the MIME boundary in the signed
> > part. The one that doesn't show up has (between hashes is copy):
>
> The problematic messages are broken. They contain a multipart/signed
> body part, but this body part doesn't have any children. It should have
> two children. One body part which contains the signed data (i.e. the
> text of the message) and one body part which contains the signature.
>
> Gary, did you anything special with those messages, e.g. re-edit them
> after saving them as draft or after queuing them? Did signing probably
> fail? Did you abort the passphrase dialog?
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

I had to save it to drafts to send, since I was getting a warning that
kde-devel@kde.org was rejecting the mail since the server at
mail.arklinux.org was thinking it was being treated as a open relay. Once
we'd determined that the mail server wasn't set as one, I'd opened teh
message as an edit to send it out. What may have happened was kmail may have
freaked at teh fact it was dealing with a signed message that now needed
treated as UNsigned, and further REsigned at send time.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel

Developer for the Ark Linux Project
 check out http://www.arklinux.org/ for more info.
 Also http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/~greeneg/
EMAIL : greeneg@arklinux.com

for more information.
Consider using a free MS-Office replacement for most platforms,
http://www.openoffice.org/