List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OT: GMail invites
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason.keirstead () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-20 18:26:31

> > I have six invites, as well. =)
>
> And how many HTML testcases?

People who post things like this have obviously never used GMail.

There is no HTML. The whole thing is 100% JavaScript driven. The whole
UI is generated from JS calls - you can see this by viewing the source
of any page on the site.

However, the UI just fails with no JavaScript errors or exceptions
being thrown. This is why no one can create a test case - GMail *is*
the test case. I have never seen a site with a UI as JS-intensive as
GMail.

The only way any user is going to be able to debug this or generate a
test case is if someone explains how to debug KHTML more verbosely. Is
there some compile flag you can turn on to be able to watch the DOM
bindings to KJS to see what is happening?

--
There are two major products that came out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We do not believe this to be a coincidence.  ~Jeremy S. Anderson