List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OT: GMail invites
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-20 17:10:27

On September 20, 2004 11:25, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> Hebrew, nor Arabic, but bad designing of interfaces. They are quite easy
> to fix, id you know how to look at them.
>
> For example, the kicker problem: this is bug number 89890, which I
> reported just recently. Aaron knows this since aKademy (and is working
> of fining it).

in the case of kicker they are "easy" in that the solution is obvious, but not
"easy" in that it's labour intensive. it's going to result in me changing how
ContainerArea lays things out, from a free-form pixel-positioned system to
QLayout based. and i've got to maintain dragging and other features too.

ditto for the system tray. it needs to move to QLayouts, which is a bit tricky
since we now have issues with some braindamaged applications putting widgets
in the systemtray that have not one but two icons AND a string of text ...
getting this to lay out properly in LTR is fun enough ;-)

anyways. just to add some realism to it all ... they problems are often
obvious when run in RTL, the solutions are usually obvious, but the work can
be extensive and benefits a subset of our user base. thems the breaks, as
they say.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric