List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OT: GMail invites
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-09-20 16:25:17

Zack Rusin wrote:

>How many developers you see using RTL? If you don't report the problems
>then don't expect them to be fixed at all since no one is aware of
>them.

Zak, don't take this attack personally, it was for all of us KDE
developers. This one is broken for a long time, and I did not even
notice, and when I did, I did not report it. It will change today. For
all maintainers: please look for bugs with RTL/BIDI, they are not
usually hard to fix, and yet they are not trivial. If you have any
doubt, mail me, I will do my best to help you.

The problem is well documented, and there is a small test case which
reproduces the problem. I used numbers instead of any text because I
know most KDE developers run away when they see "Arabic" or "Hebrew" or
"BIDI" or whatever. The "BIDI" problems in KDE today are not about
Hebrew, nor Arabic, but bad designing of interfaces. They are quite easy
to fix, id you know how to look at them.

For example, the kicker problem: this is bug number 89890, which I
reported just recently. Aaron knows this since aKademy (and is working
of fining it).
Another bad example is 68780 (41693) which was open for ALL KDE 3.2.X
family.
The window manager decorations problems I am having...
Kate and BIDI...  :(

I will shut up, and report the bugs and closing them when I can, instead
writing stupid useless mails.

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/