List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems compiling after updating qt-copy
From:       Emond Papegaaij <e.papegaaij () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-19 15:16:58

On Saturday 18 September 2004 11:20, Jure Repinc wrote:
> Yesterday I compilled qt-copy from CVS. But now when I try to compile
> kdelibs (also from CVS) after that always I get this error:
>
> checking for Qt... libraries /usr/qt/3/lib, headers /usr/qt/3/include
> using -mt
> checking for moc... not found

> I'm using automake 1.8.5 and GCC 3.4.1 and I am compiling foe AMD64 in
> 64-bits. What could be wrong and what should I do to fix this?

I'm also having trouble compiling kde on AMD64 under gentoo. All libs are
placed in .../lib64 and most programs can't find them there. I fixed this by
creating a symlink from /usr/qt/3/lib to /usr/qt/3/lib64 (move the files from
lib to lib64, remove the dir and create the symlink). Even after this
libqt-mt.so was not detected, because the symlink was missing somehow. I had
to create a symlink from libqt-mt.so to libqt-mt.so.3.3.3. And the same for
libqui. After this, kde compiled, but it wouldn't start. The kde libs are
also installed in a lib64 directory. After creating yet another symlink, it
worked.

Good luck,
Emond Papegaaij