richedw@vodafone.es wrote: > I originally reported this as BUG 89333 =>KStaticDeleter crashes Kate on quit. > This bug is crashing applications all over and it is being fixed at the wrong > places. > I have traced it to the ~KApplication destructor when quitting . > KGlobal::deleteStaticDeleters() deletes the all the Static Deleters and next > KLibLoader::cleanUp() cleans up left-overs objects, which may in their > destructor > try to access a static deleter that is no longer there. > KLibLoader::cleanUp shold be called first unless there is a good reason not > to, > otherwise best avoid KStaticDeleter for factory singletons. > The coding of the KStaticDeleter itself is much to blame as once created it > sets > a global variable and doesn't check for deletion. > I also encountered some KStaticDeleter related crashes in the past, so I added the following addition to api docs: http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kdecore/kstaticdeleter.h.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.18 I think it's worth to read it once. Bye, György >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<