List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KIO Chains?
From:       Paul Sprakes <pauls () sprakes ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-09-06 16:09:23

Is it currently possible to define (at runtime) a kio chain? For example,
let's say I create a kio slave which logs every kio request/result and called
it "kiolog". I would then want to create a virtual slave called "flog" which
would basically call "kiolog" followed by "kiofile". The result would be that
any use of the "flog:" protocol would work exactly the same as "file:" with
the addition of keeping a log of every action. A similar approach could be
used to keep a metadata database for any kio slave.

Thanks, Paul.