List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I need a few hints
From:       <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2004-09-01 16:45:26

kde-devel@kde.org, Mathias.Homann@eregion.de schrieb am 01.09.04 18:22:32:
> Thought so... So I create a member funcion that does one fram of my animation,
> and a timer with the right interval, and connect those two?

Jupp... that's the only way i can imagine to do animations.
btw. if you're going to code sth. lk. marquee, you can also move widgets (avoiding to \
render a fullsize screen frame) + if you want to have a fixed animation, it may be a \
good ide to precalc all frames (if not too may) or at least store them to lower cpu \
use
> That part is easy... but lets say I have the vertical resolution now, how do I
> get the point size for my fot so that it is (as an example) 25% of that? Isnt
> a font size given in some other dimension than pixels?

qt:font::setPixelSize( int pixelSize ) ...
look at this page:
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/
(or enter qt:classes in konqueror)

> QFontDatabase(script) returns a QFontlist of all fonts that have that script
> (hiragana, arabic, whatever) but i need a QFontList that has all fonts that
> have two different scripts, AND are softscalable and antialiasing.... So that
> i can 1. see if the user HAS a font fit for my purposes, and that the user
> cannot select a font unfit for what i want to show...

ahh ok, got it (wondered about that script thing (do you bash?! ;))
well i'm still not really sure what you want to do, but i assume you could just query \
the two QStringLists, join them and then walk through them asking if \
"isSmoothlyScalable(.,.,.)" deleting them from the list if not... and the result are \