List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is it technically possible...
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2004-09-01 9:49:29

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 04:04, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 September 2004 00:37, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > AFAIK the _NET_WM_PID atom contains this information for a given window,
> > assuming usage of a netWM compliant window manager =)
>
> you could additionally rely on the window type and only bind toolwindows
> (afaik gimp can be set like this) to their main windows (+ KWin provides
> you the groupleader, but i'm not 100% sure if this is, what you want)

That's the solution! I wish I had read it first. Thanks.

(BTW, the kde taskbar currently ignores these hints. The gnome taskbar is
better in this sense: only document windows appear in the taskbar, but when
you click a document, it is brought on top alogn with all the "utility"
windows.)
--
Maurizio Colucci
http://logicaldesktop.sourceforge.net