List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to get rid of annoying delay when switching windows under KDE
From:       Chris Haidinyak <chrish () techspecs ! com>
Date:       2004-08-28 5:44:09

Hi,

    I have experienced an annoyingly long delay (~0.2 sec) when I switch
from window to window on the KDE desktop and was wondering what steps,
if any, I can perform to improve the performance of window switching. My
set-up is dual-monitor using G450 dual-head on a dual-opteron using
Redhat Fedora Core 2. If there are X performance settings I can use to
improve to window display or window updating, that is appreciated. Also,
if there are things I can turn off that will improve the overall screen
updating, that is also appreciated. I am running 1600x1200 per screen
with 24-bit depth. Please advise; thank you.

Best Regards,
     Chris Haidinyak

PS - This is not related to the "follow-under-mouse" activate function.
The behavior is the mouse (and screen) appear to "freeze" for a fraction
of a second when switching from one window to another.