List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kmail Bug very annoying
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2004-08-27 9:41:19

El Jueves 26 Agosto 2004 22:33, Michael Nottebrock escribió:
> On Thursday 26 August 2004 21:12, Zé wrote:
>
> > If is fault of who sends the messages, the ISP; then tell me why
> > Evolution and other email clients like thunderbird are capable of well
> > displays these same emails that kmail is incapable of, instead shows it
> > in blank.
>
> Because those email clients are obviously more forgiving when it comes to
> broken messages. You have been told all this before many times. Please top
> wasting everybody's time with this non-issue and instead ask the
mozilla-zine
> people (or whoever sends these broken mails) to fix their bulkmail software.

Well, I had the impulse to reply in the same vein as you, but on the other
hand, I think that:
- Zé is probably trying to be helpful, but he does not have a good
  understanding of English, and of the technical difficulties.
- He actually as a valid point in being puzzled by a blank message. At the
  very least, KMail should show a "malformed message" banner. Even if the bug
  is in the sender tool chain, showing nothing at all gives the impression
  there is a bug in KMail.

I think it should not be too hard to actually show something useful to the
user: after a banner explaining the issue, just show the raw text of the
message.

Ciao,
Luciano

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                                 - Enoch Root