List:       kde-devel
Subject:    extending KCompletion
From:       James Horey <jhorey () cs ! unm ! edu>
Date:       2004-08-25 21:04:27

Hi, I have a fairly simple question regarding extending KCompletion and
KLineEdit. I want to have it so that no matter what the user types in the
KLineEdit field, the string matches to *everything* currently in the list of
items in the KCompletion object (whether it appears as a string match or
not). I populate the KCompletion's list every set amount of seconds with some
funky values that the user can choose. I thought I could just add items to
the KLineEdit object, but then of course the user can't continue to type
while simultaneously viewing the possible "matches".  I hope this didn't
sound too confusing! Thanks for whatever help anyone can provide.

-James Horey