List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Detecting when konqueror changes location?
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2004-08-25 9:04:07

On Tuesday 24 August 2004 01:32, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> >In the perspective of integrating my program with kde, I was wondering if
> > it's possible to be notified when konqueror changes location (e.g. when
> > the user enters a new directory, or a new URL).
>
> I don't think Konqueror does that now. Which means there are two solutions:
>
> 1) modify Konqueror so that it emits a DCOP signal with the new URL every
> time the location changes; or
>
> 2) write a Konqueror plugin of your own, which will get the new URL
> notifications, that reports to your app the location change.

Thank you Thiago. :-)

Before doing that, I have another idea:

Does konqueror keep a list of recently visited urls, which I can read at
regular intervals? It seems to me there must be one, otherwise we wouldn't
have the history feature.

So the question is: does konqueror expose such a list programmatically?

Thanks again!
--
Maurizio Colucci
http://logicaldesktop.sourceforge.net