List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DOUBLE RIGHT-CLICK!!! please, let's not dumb things down...
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2004-08-23 17:39:01

> To answer to other posts, I don't propose to remove the right click in
> general, but only for context menus, where it does not improve speed in a
> significant way (because wired infrared mouse are more precise, and it
> becomes easier to travel to a visible menu than to switch hand and wait for
> your brain to focus a popup menu).

OK, so I have a hundred objects (say file icons) on screen that I can normally
manipulate by right-clicking them to bring a context menu with actions that
apply to the object I clink on. How on earth will *removing* the right-click
that brings a context menu for *that* object will ever help me?!

Do you propose that I'd have to first click on the object to select it and
then move the mouse to the main application menu to hunt down things that I
could do with the previously-selected object? That's rather dumbing things
down, isn't it? At least to me it is.

Cheers, Kuba