List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libtool, ccache and KDE
From:       Benjamin Reed <rangerrick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-08-23 13:13:07

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:23:07 +0200, Holger Freyther <freyther@gmx.net> wrote:

> is there any plan to upgrade KDEs version of libtool to a more uptodate one?
> Current problem is that libtool with CC="ccache gcc" CXX="ccache g++" is not
> able to link binaries and libraries.

Not only that, but it would be great if we could finally get the
libltdl provided with arts and kdelibs updated.  I have to patch it to
package on Mac OS X, the one that's currently in KDE CVS was from
libtool 1.3, and it is horribly inefficient on OSX.  Because of the
dlopen bugs in it, anything that's loading modules takes on the order
of 20 or 30 times longer than with a modern ltdl.  (Startup can take,
like, 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds, it's crazy...)