List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DOUBLE RIGHT-CLICK!!!
From:       Christopher Layne <clayne () anodized ! com>
Date:       2004-08-19 14:01:10

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:37:19PM +0200, Andr? Somers wrote:

> Having said that, I think the double-right click may be problematic too. I
> find it more difficult to time clicks with my ringfinger than with my index
> finger, making it harder to right click than to left click. So, though I
> don't object to it being added, it should only be done with the strikt
> guideline to only use it as a shortcut for something that is accessible from
> the context menu as well. So, for people who manage to double-right click, it
> adds something, while the rest of us don't miss out.
>
> Andr?

This is only because your ring finger is not that developed at that task, i.e.
you haven't had a reason to make use of it in that way. This is of course,
not just you, but very common in general.

I see no reason to target the lowest common denominator only. If you had
the ability to use double-right click, you probably would (btw: I think it
would be your middle finger, not ring finger).

-cl