List:       kde-devel
Subject:    cannot change language settings
From:       Bernd Pol <bernd.pol () online ! de>
Date:       2004-08-15 12:01:34

Hi all,

I asked this about a week ago on this list but unfortunately got no
answer.

Problem: Since CVS HEAD around August 3 (I do not remember exactly) I
cannot switch languages any more. KDE starts in german mode and remains
there no matter what I set up in the control center. Especially it does
not use US, even if set up as default.

Meanwhile I tried a clean compile in a completely new user with the same
results.

My system is SuSE 9.1, running an german user for everyday work.
Yet this KDE was built locally in /home/dev/mykde-system. There are no
references to any other KDE's on the (paths are statically set up
in .profile). I removed any /tmp/ and /var/tmp/ directories before
first start to elimiate any cached setups.
And there is not even an i18n compiled for this user!!!

So, I am really stuck now. Does anyone have an idea, where KDE does try
to access german settings on the system?

Have a nice day,
Bernd
--
Never trust a running program, but always worship its makers.