Hi and welcome ! The KDE quality team faq is a really good start to read. There you get information about how to build kde from cvs, programming, contributing ... http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Quality+Team+HOWTO In bugzilla you can find several "junior jobs" to start with. For some of these jobs you needn't to know much C++. http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=JJ%3A&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED or go to http://bugs.kde.org/ and klick on "Junior Jobs". Have fun ! ... Jörn On Sunday 15 August 2004 04:46, Umadhav Salapu wrote: > Hi all, > > I am a programmer working for a software development company in Visual > basic and C#. I would like to contribute towards KDE development during my > spare time. I do have some knowledge of C++. But I have not used Linux > before. And I am wondering, how I should start about doing this. > > Could someone guide me through the actual process and if anyone needs > my help in actually developing, I would be glad to do so. > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<