List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bookmarks & ldap - future plans?
From:       Szombathelyi "György" <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-08-13 23:39:47

Hello!

csütörtök 05 augusztus 2004 03:17 du dátummal Tyler Retzlaff ezt írta:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:11:32AM +0200, Szombathelyi Gy?rgy wrote:

> > >I would suggest starting with the Netscape schema at:
> > >http://www.itworld.com/AppDev/1411/LWD990901netscape/
> > >
> > >naturally kde specific extensions can be made, but it would be a value
> > >add if it worked with netscapes schema as well.
> >
> > This documents the schema, but not the actual data format used. Have you
> > got some specs?
>
> Not sure I understand what you mean by "data format" the schema should have
> everything needed.  Just include it in your slapd.conf for use.

I mean that the schema gives the object classes and the name of the
attributes, but how can I store the real data, e.g. I think that the
nsLIProfileElement object class should store the bookmarks, but what is the
value of the nsLIElmentType, nsLIData and nsLIVersion attributes?

A possible design example:
nsLIElementType: bookmark
nsLIData: http://www.google.com
nsLIData: http://www.index.hu

But is this the way that Netscape works?

And sorry for the long time for the answer, I was on holiday for a week.

Bye,
György