List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.3 on SuSE 9.0
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-08-12 19:58:09

On Thursday 12 August 2004 07:06, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> Hi!
> FYI (may be the wrong list)
>
> I just grabbed the first rpms (.... 3.3.0-3) for SuSE 9.0
> and updated from KDE 3.2.3 (some packages are still 3.2.3)
>
> the .xsession-errors showed the following

> kbuildsycoca running...
>
> kbuildsycoca: WARNING: Property 'X-KDE-Weight' is defined multiple times
> (KOfficeFilter)

Judging from how koffice/servicetypes/kofilter.desktop looks, the ksycoca code
is perhaps tricked, dunno. CC'ing.

> kio (KService*): WARNING: The desktop entry file
> Applications/KBarcode/kbarcode-label.desktop has Type=MimeType instead of
> "Application" or "Service"
>
> kio (KService*): WARNING: Invalid
> Service :Applications/KBarcode/kbarcode-label.desktop
>
> kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kivioselecttool.desktop' specifies undefined
> mimetype/servicetype 'KPlugin'
>
> kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'vimpart.desktop' specifies undefined
> mimetype/servicetype 'text/english'
>
> kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'katepart.desktop' specifies undefined
> mimetype/servicetype 'text/mfile'
> there are many more of these mimetype errors

Yes, and they're harmless except looking ugly and causing confusion.. If you
would like to fix it, Stephan Kulow can probably give some pointers.

> kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /opt/kde3/lib/libkdecore.so.4:
> undefined symbol: init_kwifimanager_kcmodule

According to the cvs log this is already fixed(r1.34, KDE 3.2) which suggests
your 3.2 packages are used(or it's a SUSE specific problem).

Cheers,

			Frans