On Thursday 12 August 2004 11:23, Raphael Langerhorst wrote: > On Thursday 12 August 2004 09:31, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > Am Donnerstag 12 August 2004 07:58 schrieb Raphael Langerhorst: > > > What do you think about having a client interface for this virtual > > > reality in KDE? In particular the question "where to put it" also > > > arises [games,edu, a new science module, or network, ..]. > > > > It's out of scope for a desktop environment. > > > > Greetings, Stephan > > Yes, that's most likely true... thinking of KDE as a "desktop environment" > which is actually what it is. Also what came to my mind is that > kdeextragear or something would have been better anyway (to start with at > least). But it's true that currently it's out of scope of a desktop > environment. > > Anyway, this system will most likely provide an interface for KDE itself, > so it would be possible to work on "computers" inside this VR, which would > then lead to a real 3D desktop environment. But that's still some time > away. I see Qt/KDE as an application framework which happens to have been used to write a desktop environment. I'm not sure that we emphasise the programming development side enough - for writing in-house custom applications or VR systems or whatever. -- Richard >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<