List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GUI-less DCOP client?
From:       Allan Fields <kde () afields ! ca>
Date:       2004-07-31 15:33:21

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 03:43:20PM +0100, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 31 July 2004 14:25, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > [..]
> > So KApplication myApp(false, false) will create a KApplication that doesn't
> > use a GUI and that will not try to connect to an X-server.

> On Saturday 31 July 2004 11:41, Richard Dale wrote:
> [..]
> Here is this C++ advice translated into ruby:
>
> class DeadParrotObject < KDE::DCOPObject
>
> aboutData   = AboutData.new("petshop",
>         "Dead Parrot Test",
>     "1.0", "A basic application template",
>         AboutData::License_GPL,
>     "(C) 2004 whoever the author is" )

This pet shop example could be expanded for all the scripting
languages w/ KDE bindings including spaced out snake and coffee
drinking code monkeys.

How about in Perl?  Though I suspect then you'd want to be forward
looking and deal in live parrots/ponies.

Perhaps create FAQ for this one, would be good.

- Allan