List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KateDocument BIC
From:       Szombathelyi_György <gyurco () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2004-07-27 12:45:27

Christoph Cullmann wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 July 2004 14:13, Szombathelyi György wrote:
>
>>I tried to use Quanta 3.2 with kdelibs HEAD. I received an error message
>>that stated (not the exact message): KateDocument has different size,
>>consider re-linking. (And quanta crashed some time after that)
>>
>>I noticed that there are several member variables added to
>>katedocument.h after 3.2, which surely breaks BIC. Is this allowed?
>
> KateDocument is an internal class, it's header is not even installed, only
> interfaces of the part which need to stay BC are in the interfaces subdir and
> should not have changed (beside added static methodes and some comments for
> methodes which are deprecated for future versions or don't work correct)

Ok, now I don't understand how quanta can have the _ZTIN4Kate8DocumentE
symbol.

objdump -T /usr/bin/quanta | grep Kate:
082b7cc8  w   DO .bss   00000088              _ZTIN4Kate8DocumentE
082b8188  w   DO .bss   00000048              _ZTIN4Kate4ViewE

I'm not an expert (just curious) in linking, so please forgive me if
it's a lame question.

Bye,
György