List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KProgress in KListView
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-15 23:15:36

On Thursday 15 July 2004 22:38, Joachim Eibl wrote:

> Although I'm quite late with the response, I want to share my knowledge
> about this topic.
>
> The problem was that drawing a horizontal progressbar in the paintCell of
> K/QListviewItem doesn't work correctly when a column is resized.
>
> A easy solution (as Cougar already pointed out) is to do a complete widget
> update() when a column width change is detected.

Hmm, if I understand that code correctly, you try to draw the progressbar
yourself using the style. Why not just put the progressbar itself into the
listview. After all, it's just a QScrollView, and you can simply put widgets
into its viewport. Scrolling will move it automatically, and for resizing and
moving columns, you can just resize and move the widget within the viewport.
I was experimenting with that lately to be able to put edit widgets into the
listview columns to use more than just lineedits for editing a column, and it
works very well and is simple. The child widget automatically cares about
updating itself correctly.