List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Warnings while compiling multi threaded Kapp application
From:       Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-07-15 19:01:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 15 July 2004 19:20, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Yarram Sunil Kumar wrote:
> > I have written a multi threaded application that uses KApplication  and
> > KHTMLpart on FreeBSD.
> > Following warnings were encountered, can  i ignore these warnings?
>
> Diego has already written what the warnings mean, they show up with the
> vast majority of KDE applications. Since the libraries don't actually
> _use_ gets or mktmp, I believe the warnings are spurious.

The way the usage of those functions is detected is spurious - the symbols
might be inherited from some very much unrelated library and be never used,
yet those warnings pop up. It is pretty safe to ignore them. They are also
specific to FreeBSD 4.x, as 5.x got smarter and doesn't display those
anymore.

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org