List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Warnings while compiling multi threaded Kapp application
From:       Diego Iastrubni <elcuco () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-15 15:27:52

בThursday 15 July 2004 15:17, כתבת:
> I have written a multi threaded application that uses KApplication  and
> KHTMLpart on FreeBSD.
> Following warnings were encountered, can  i ignore these warnings?
>
> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
gets() does not define the buffer size, so it can be overflooded.

> /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider
> using mkstemp()
also the same. from the man:
BUGS
       Never use mktemp(). Some implementations follow  BSD  4.3  and  replace
       XXXXXX  by  the current process id and a single letter, so that at most
       26 different names can be returned.  Since on the one  hand  the  names
       are  easy to guess, and on the other hand there is a race between test-
       ing whether the name exists and opening the file, every use of mktemp()
       is a security risk.  The race is avoided by mkstemp(3).

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/